View Single Post
Old Monday, November 19, 2012

Akbar Baloch is on a distinguished road
Default answers to some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warraich View Post
I have some questions regarding group discussion from seniors specially from Raz and Usman bhai.
1. What is the main purpose of gd, I mean to check what qualities in candidates, it is conducted?
2. How much the "knowledge" of the topic is concerned?
3. How much it is different from gd of CSS. As in CSS, they already have tested the knowledge of the candidate through a comprehensive written test.
4. What is the ratio of success in a group? 50 % , 30 % or less , ON AVERAGE?
5. Interviews of successful candidates or conducted the same day? Because if yes, we should prepare for interview with gd now.
6. I have listened that if you clear the GD, you would most likely to be selected in interview, how much it is true? If not, approximately how much candidates clear the interview on average, as per your observations and experience?
7. Can you tell what types of topics are given for discussion, if you please tell some already discussed topics in last batches?
I shall be highly obliged if you arrange the answers of the questions.
1. the main purpose of Gd is just to check the communication power of candidates.
2. According to my experience of some gds they don't bother how much u have knowledge related to subject. because they are only concerned with ur communication ability.
3. i don't have experience of gd in css
4. its nearly 3 out of 7
5.yea interviews will be on same day
6. not true still there will be competition of nearly three people for two seats
7. it can be any general topic as my topic was.Is democracy suitable for Pakistan. Another topic was just to discuss 18th amendment.

All these answers are based on my experience of gd held in 2010
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akbar Baloch For This Useful Post:
Descendant of Saul (Monday, November 19, 2012), SaadatAli (Monday, November 19, 2012), Warraich (Monday, November 19, 2012)