View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 24, 2012
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Introduction of an Essay

It is said,

First impression is the last impression.

~*Introduction is just like the cork of bottle ,once the examiner opens it, the sudden wave of smell tells him what’s inside; pleasant or unpleasant !

~*As I have told earlier, essay is basically communication between you and examiner so the very first words must be striking enough to impress the latter.

~*My experience says that one should start essay with a quote or poetic verses.

~*It must be relevant.

~*Quotes and poetic verses make the examiner realize that,

-->The candidate has vast knowledge.
-->He is aware of well known literary figures,poets and philosophers.
-->His writing must have worth as the 'wrapper' is quite attractive(intro is just like wrapper/packing/covering)
-->He has good communication skill as beginning of his arguments is striking.

To be continued.......
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
aftabb (Saturday, November 24, 2012), Alvi (Monday, November 26, 2012), Erum Qureshi (Wednesday, December 19, 2012), étoile brillante (Tuesday, March 01, 2016), farrukh634 (Thursday, November 29, 2012), Irum Siddiqui (Saturday, November 24, 2012), mudasr (Saturday, November 24, 2012), rayma qaiser (Tuesday, September 24, 2013), Shaheen e Balochistan (Sunday, November 25, 2012), Shahid Shakoor (Saturday, December 08, 2012), Taimoor Gondal (Saturday, November 24, 2012), zuhaib ahmed (Saturday, November 24, 2012)