View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 29, 2012

ckman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almas khan View Post
Are you sure about it?
Yes.
Structuralism, Functionalism, Gestalt psychology, psychoanalysis etc. are ancient schools of thought/perspectives/viewpoints (different terms for same concept). These ancient perspectives helped to get into the understanding of psychology in its initial periods. However, they and their ways of understanding behaviour and thoughts have become outdated as the science of psychology has achieved much advanced status than before.

Today, modern perspectives are used to study psychology and its different concepts. Psychoanalysis comes into this section too. Though its functionality has become very limited, still its therapies are used to treat various disorders. Other modern perspectives that are in fashion can be: Psychodynamic perspective, Behaviourism, Humanistic perspective, biopsychological perspective and cognitive perspective. Discussing them will suffice for css exam.

For your general knowledge only: Among other modern perspectives have emerged Sociocultural Perspective and Evolutionary one, but they require more time and study to get valued. Furthermore, they should not be written in css exam if modern perspectives are asked to describe. Hope you got everything i wrote !!!
-Regards.