View Single Post
Old Friday, December 07, 2012
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by seher bano View Post
Kindly clarify these points.

Precis should be written in thrid person and indirect form...would you please exemplify this. is it apply(does it apply) on every draft or otherwise??

lets say..
For future tense
1. Original:I will be going to school for reading, writing, and getting knowledge.
Precis: he would be going to school for study.
The word "will" with "Would"( is it so??)

For Present tense
I am going to school for reading, writing , and knowledge.
he was( should we change IS with WAS) going to school for study.

For past tense
I was going to school for reading, writing, and knowledge.

He had gone to school for study (Is it right)
sister i remember that i had suggested you to take a refresher of your basic grammar and subject verb agreement, no don't misunderstand me, your English is upto the mark but still it is always good to go back to things you had done a long time ago, it gets rusty as the time goes on...i have made just one correction, you see if there is something else wrong as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalmanapr View Post
i would like to share some information regarding writing a precis, if someone is an average student like me, read precis one time, if do not understand then highlight adverbs, adjectives and difficult words from paragraph, then try to read again without these three then u can write it in ur own words in one third and suggest tittle. i bet guaranteed it work.
Salman i think it is really a naive approach, adverbs, adjectives are the words that describe the real story, what else would you write about then? About nouns, pronouns and prepositions? These parts of speech can never manifest the essence of something, the adjectives do.so brother i suggest you to practice the precis writing rather than relying on such shortcuts which i am afraid can make the things go awry...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
msalmanapr (Saturday, December 08, 2012), seher bano (Friday, December 07, 2012), Urma Waqar (Tuesday, December 18, 2012)