View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,992 Times in 631 Posts
zuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud ofzuhaib ahmed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natashaaa View Post
grammar is the core of every language, i just believe at 22,23 u cant memorize grammar n then apply it in each sentence of a 2500 word essay..basics one shud know rest we get hang of it whilst reading regularly..i dnt know a lot of grammar jargon,kinds of verbs etc,yet my writing skills are satisfactory.. im not denying the importance grammar has,im just saying one does not need to delve into grammar books to be good at english

So am I reasoning but our reason cannot avoid importance of Grammar. I speak Sindhi Language fluently and write impressively but I don't know its Grammar. So can you and everyone.
I have seen many men who know all about English grammar but cannot speak English fluently and write expressively. And, many men, I have seen who speak English fluently but don't know what its Grammar is.

If I ask a child, "If I drop a book will it fall on earth?"

He will surely reply, "Yes, It will fall on earth, I have experienced it many times."

But if I ask him, "Why does it fall on earth?"

He will remain confused and think why it falls.

But, Da Skeptic can answer it easily, he will say, "The reason it falls is gravity."

Indeed, we can learn a language without memorizing rules of Grammar but we will not be able to answer what rules of grammar are. (As child couldn't answer why book falls on earth but Da-Skeptic did.)

In CSS we have to take both things parallel. If only you understand. I don't say you be Swan or Thomson but you should try. I know you know rules of grammar. Sometimes, we deny saying we don't know.

Regards,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zuhaib ahmed For This Useful Post:
Ahmed Faisal (Tuesday, December 11, 2012), Da Skeptic (Wednesday, December 12, 2012), seher bano (Tuesday, December 11, 2012)