Thread: Riddles
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 09, 2007
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Aarwaa has a spectacular aura aboutAarwaa has a spectacular aura aboutAarwaa has a spectacular aura about

@ Nankana
thanks Nankana ... by the time i realized the mistake it could not be amended. iim posting the riddles again along with the answers...
i hope i have not made any errors this time ....

1. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
a towel

2.What can you catch but not throw?
cold

3.What goes around the world but stays in a corner?
a stamp

4.I have holes in my top and bottom, my left and right, and in the middle. But I still hold water. What am I?
a sponge

5.Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?
Fire

6.The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?
a coffin

7.I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody.
pencil lead

8.What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?
ur word

9.What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
the letter M

10.I bind it and it walks. I loose it and it stops.
a sandal

11.Scarcely was the father in this world when the son could be found sitting on the roof.
Fire, smoke

12.It's been around for millions of years, but it's no more than a month old. What is it?
The moon

Aarwaa

Pakistan is ruled by three As - Army, America and Allah.