View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 12, 2012

nargwaasi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addl Dir competitor View Post
If you go through page1 of the proposed NAC bill the parliament is bent upon getting it passed w.e.f 01-10-2002 which means a total exoneration from the charges levelled against President Zardari which I think will make this bill controversial I THINK. What does the forum suggest I would like to hear that!
I think the cases pertaining to president zardari cannot be closed by taking its date of effectiveness from 2002 because he has been president for 5 years and 5 years are still there to be proceeded under NAC bill/act. e.g. cases reported during 2001 cannot be proceeded under NAC being more than 10 years older, but cases reported during 2004 will be proceeded under this act being 8 years older. However, it will certainly give immunity to all politicians, bureaucrats, military and other civilians including zardari, who committed fishy thing before 2002 and all will be happy to vote in favour. Remaining notions of politicians like agitation, opposition to bill etc are just political stunts.