View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 18, 2012
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 104

orangeemperor25 will become famous soon enoughorangeemperor25 will become famous soon enough

My questions stand intact as it is? Will somebody elaborate my queries in the first post of this thread?[/I][/I][/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

well bro congrats on qualifying i have also qualified best of luck to both of us
as far as your querries are concerned let me clarify that all three i.e pms eto and ad are separate cadres having different career paths first of all we will examine pms pms is a prestigous service successor of erstwhile pcs and pss which were merged into one in 2004 now pms officers can be posted both in the field and the punjab secretariat in the field you willl be posted as DDO or AC and in the secretariat you will be posted as SO thereafter you can posted as deputy secrretary or additional secretary or secretary to provincial govt including additional chief secretary and chairman p&d smbr and in the field you can become dco and commissioner as well basically you can be posted on any post in the province theoretically speaking but realistically speaking you need to have political backing to get these important seats which is an unfortunate reality in pakistan as far as eto is concerned you can only serve in one department promotion is quite slow after eto you can become deputy director and than director excise a handful of excise officers were also posted as DG excise and taxation punjab but for that you need to have considerable political clout i know of two excise officers who were posted as secretaries of many departments but they were in the good books of chief ministers as far as powers of pms or excise officers is concerned it depends o the nature of seat you are working on some departments have more public dealing like local govt. so they have more clout and influence where as some have policy planning function such as regulation and P&d so they have less influence in excise deptt. you have interaction with businessmen industrialists and tradrers this is why people think of it as very lucrative deptt as far as ad finance is concerned the highest post you can attain is chief inspector of treasuries promotion is very slow i hope this brief description would help you

you have also written that you have heard that pms officers are posted as ACs with less charm well bro whoever has told you that is quite mistaken DMG is usurper service which has encroached upon the rights of provincial service they have no legal right to serve in the province they attain all these seats on the basis of their allegiance to political parties because they are quite proficient in understanding the illegal and unconstitutional orders of corrupt politicians and then they bend over backwards to carry those orders and that is the only trait which endears them so much to the politicians the matter of their appointments in the provinces is in the supreme court and it is hoped that justice would be done in the near future and by the way all of us have cleared the exam of same or even tougher level than css and will go under same process of psychological test and interview as css qualifiers do so there is need to be apologetic about it they i.e dmg officers boast about themselves as being members of all Pakistan service but in reality if you check the records of all dmg officers with punjab domicile they have either served outside punjab for a few months and and many of them have in their careers not even stepped out of punjab once so that says it all about their character and the type of people they are
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orangeemperor25 For This Useful Post:
brightstar55 (Friday, April 18, 2014), mudasr (Wednesday, January 16, 2013), Sara Hamid (Thursday, June 12, 2014), zeeshan_jawad (Wednesday, December 19, 2012)