Thread: Hadith
View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Iconoclast is on a distinguished road

Saeed Bin Abdul Aziz quotes from Rabia bin Yazid and he quotes from Ali Idrees Al-Khaulani, who quotes from Hadrat Abu Zar (may Allah be pleased with him) who relates that the Holy Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said,

"Allah admonishes you: O my servants, I have charged Myself to wrong no one and have forbidden it between you. So wrong not anyone; O My servants, all of you are not on the correct path except those whom I may guide; O My servants, all of you are hungry save those whom I should feed, then supplicate Me for food, I shall feed you; O My servants, all of you are unclothed save those whom I should clothe, then supplicate Me for clothes; I shall clothe you. O My servants, you misbehave night and day and I forgive all your sins; then supplicate Me for forgiveness; I shall forgive you. O My servants you can have no power to do Me harm, nor can you have power to confer any benefit upon Me. O My servants, if the first of you and the last of you, and the whole lot of you, high and low, were to become like the one who has the most righteous soul among you, that would not add a whit to my Kingdom: O My servants, if the first of you and the last of you, and the whole lot of you, high and low, were to become like the one who has the most vicious soul among you, that would not detract a whit from my Kingdom. O My servants, if the first of you and the last of you, and the whole lot of you, high and low, were to assemble in one large plain and were to beg Me for whatever they desire and I were to bestow upon each of you all that he had asked for, that would not detract me from my treasures any more than a needle could diminish from the ocean, by touching its surface by its point. O My servants, I understand your actions and shall make a full repayment for the same to you. Then he who gets good reward should praise Allah for it; and he who recieves something else should blame only himself.' (Hadith Qudsi)

Last edited by The Iconoclast; Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 03:21 AM.