View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 10, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold
Default My Interview Dated 10-01-2013

Today it was my Interview, i reported at 8: 00 Am sharp. Interview started at 11:20 as my serial no was 5. My panel was headed by honorable chairman Safdar Javed syed, Mr Abdur Rauf Chaudhry, Mr Muhammad Ilyas and a lady.

I enter the room.

I smilingly said Asslam o alaikum to the panel with a loud voice and having a look at all of them. Chairman asked me to be seated. I sat down, thanked them, unbuttoned my suit and start and maintained a confident (I think) smile.

Chairman:
Gentleman, how are you?
I: I am perfectly fine sir, thank you.

Chairman: Bilal you have done MBA from Punjab University.
I: Yes sir.

Chairman: That's good, You have MBA in Finance.
I: No sir, it is in Marketing.

Chairman: (Realizing that he doesn't know a cinch about Marketing) so where have you done your BA from? and what were your elective subjects in BA?
I: I have done my MBA from Govt Islamia college civil lines Lahore and my electives were, Political Science, Economics, Psychology.

Chairman: (Thinking that now i got him) so Economics was your elective, can you list 4 major economic problems of Pakistan?
I: 1: Unemployment 2: Inflation 3: Lack of Savings 4: Circular debt

Chairman: so you mean that lack of savings is a problem, if you gotta give some recommendations to increase these savings, what would be the 4 recommendations you would give?

I: (Thinking deeply)
Chairman: Gentleman, you are going good, take your time, you have paper in front of you, you can write them down and then let us know.
I: grabbing the paper started writing something, i did not write any solution but took my time while thinking these recommendations, then i said sir i tell you know, Govt must give incentives to people to save via tools like 1: Term Finance certificates, 2: Saving certificates, 3: high rates of interest, 4: Inflation should be brought down so they can save more.

Chairman asked madam to take her turn.

Madam: Advertisement is a burden on Consumers or a function of business?
I: Madam, Ads are the mediums to let the customers know the market offering, if you are making the ads more entertaining then it isn't a burden on consumers, like yufone is making entertaining ads so these are not burden.

Madam: Do you know Adam Smith? (Back to Economics)
I: Yes madam, he wrote a book in 1776 the title of which was Wealth of Nations in which he described the function of wealth and distribution of it in various factions of society.

Mr Ilyas: Bilal if cement prices go down, what would be its impact? (I have been a Research Associate in Maple Leaf Group)
I: sir its demand will go up, people will be able to make their homes less expensively, many infrastructure projects' costs will decline, when all this will happen, labor will get employment.

Mr Ilyas: What is knowledge economy?
I: (Thought for a while, when realized that i don't know) Sorry sir, i have no idea.

Mr A. Rauf: Bilal in economic recession started in USA in which banks such as Lehman bros went bust, why Pakistani banks performed well in the same time?
I: Sir Pakistani banks do not do a lot of business with other world, and at the same time consumption kept going so overall economic activity did not stop, Industry took loans, consumers also kept taking loans so our banks were not affected.

Mr A.Rauf: Bilal what is stagflation?
I: sir stagflation is the combination of two terms i-e Stagnation and Inflation, it happens when we are facing sky rocketing inflation and at the same time economy is stagnant and is not expanding thus stagflation.

Chairman: Bilal how do you visualize your career in civil service?
I: Sir i have aptitude for civil service and i think if i am selected, i will make progress by leaps and bounds insha Allah.

Chairman: Thank you very much, you can leave.
I: Thank you sir, its been an honor talking to you, Allah Hafiz.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
dms664 (Sunday, January 13, 2013), futuristic (Thursday, March 06, 2014), Hailian8949 (Thursday, January 10, 2013), imad2 (Wednesday, April 23, 2014), Mamoona Zaidi (Thursday, January 10, 2013), mashkoor (Thursday, May 08, 2014), Mr hashmi (Thursday, January 10, 2013), Mrubab (Monday, January 14, 2013), mudasr (Thursday, January 10, 2013), Ranjha M S (Friday, January 11, 2013), SamiPerhar (Thursday, January 17, 2013), SMin (Thursday, January 10, 2013), Stunner (Wednesday, January 16, 2013), SYEDA SABAHAT (Friday, January 11, 2013), Taimoor Gondal (Thursday, January 10, 2013), tanker (Sunday, May 03, 2015), Traveller (Sunday, March 17, 2013), uzmauzi (Wednesday, January 16, 2013)