View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 13, 2013

waqar haider5 is on a distinguished road

Important topic touched with this article but I have to quote following words of the article where I guess the actual problem lies.

"Fighting without public support is a recipe for failure."

What is the public support and where does it come from? Pakistan is passing through a crucial phase of his history where it needs to curb the forces opposed to its existance and Pakistan must deal with force with the elements responsible for attacks on national security forces and installations. By attacking the Pakistani people in general and security apartus of the state in particular, these terrorist groups are at war with the Nation and enemy in war can not be placated by mere requests. So as to the question of public support is concerned, Nation will certainly wish, if a survey is carried out, to get rid of this fanatic and brutal elements who have no regard for humanity.

Second important phrase is connected with earlier mentioned one.

"Fighting without public support is a recipe for failure. And so that leaves only talking."

"that leaves only talking." seems to me as if we as a nation have been defeated and are ready to concede to their demands. Terrorists want their "own version of Islam" implemented in a pluralistic state and society. Tolerance is a prerequisite of a healthy and prosperous society where idealogies of different religious schools of thoughts should be respected. Moreover, the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan confers the follwoing fundamental right among others;

Freedom to profess religion and to manage religious institutions.
Subject to law, public order and morality:-
(a) every citizen shall have the right to profess, practise and propagate his religion; and
(b) every religious denomination and every sect thereof shall have the right to establish, maintain and manage its religious institutions.

So, it is the time to realise the actual threat to our nation without being sympathetic to enemies of Pakistan. We must support Governament of Pakistan to act swiftly against this ever increasing threat of terrorism.