View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 22, 2013

adeel abdullah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisha cute View Post
Dear friends i am totally novice to css and other competitive exams. So far as i have heard, essay paper plays a pivotal role in one's success... Today i am going to write my first essay. I request seniors as well as competent juniors to evaluate my work so that i could start my journey on the right track....

The Process of urbanization in Pakistan.

Urbanization is the process of migration of masses to the urban areas/cities.In Pakistan, the process of urbanization is as old as the country itself. Broadly speaking, our country has witnessed two major urbanization phases i.e, external and internal. The former phase started with the independence of Pakistan. A huge chunk of refugees migrated from India and got settled in the urban areas. Besides,the dismemberment of Pakistan in 1971 further compelled a large number of pro-west people to migrate. Similarly, Iran- Iraq war and US invasion of Afghanistan forced people to get settle in urban areas of Pakistan. The govt. of Pakistan,pitifully,hardly paid any heed to this acute settling problem.

The latter phase is internal migration. The decline in agricultural sector,candidly speaking, is the biggest cause of rural urban migration. According to an estimate, thousands of rural dwellers migrate every year to cities. Secondly, lucrative employment opportunities is the other cause why urbanization process is taking place with such a massive speed. In addition to this, urban areas offer good health and education facilities which also attracts people of backward areas.

While the causes of urbanization are known, the government seems impotent to deal the crisis.Urbanization is a positive process, no doubt.In developed countries such as United States, United kingdom, China etc., urbanization is taking place with greater speed. All this ,however, is due to the attention and proper management on the part of the respective governments. In Pakistan,however, the process is not that transparent rather it is full of flaws. Government's lack of attention and planning, corruption and illiteracy etc., are some of the causes why urbanization process has not borne fruits for Pakistan.

All this, however, does not mean that there is no remedy to it. Situation can be made favorable if the government and concerned authorities take some feasible steps in this regard. To say,there must be proper planning over the management and settlement of new comers to the cities. Secondly,serious attention should be paid to rural development.Last but not least, only honest and competent people should be made the part of policy making. In this way, urbanization can be made a blessing for Pakistan.

i wrote this essay in haste, only in 15 minutes..
very nice guy. you have produced a beauty here. however, there is always space for improvement everywhere. you can make it more impressive and valuable by drawing a good outline like this

1. introduction
2.history with special reference to Pakistan
3. causes
4. impact on different aspects of life(population,health and education etc problems) and economy of the country
5.suggestions how to make this process more planned. organized and beneficial.
6. evaluation at the end

it can be made more and more attractive. it needs just a little efforts.