View Single Post
Old Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Literary Titan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mallah View Post
Dear separate merit list will be prepared for male and female. Females will get 20 marks extra. Allocations as per UC basis will be made first by selecting the candidates with top marks. Then the remaining candidates have to fight on mixed quota. Well it is the policy of the govt that to ensure a balanced ratio of male and female teachers. There are many factors which affect the matter but like its Pakistan, who cares

Ok thanks for the information but I think there is a difference between Open Merit and Mixed Merit. In open merit successful candidates or the top scorers are selected regardless of their gender. But this is not open merit, it is the mixed one. The ten percent of the total seats in a Taulka of both male and female are termed as Mixed Merit. It has already been clarified by the NTS in one of the three notes below the result of JST. In other words, even in mixed merit there are separate seats for both male and female. Giving females an extra 20 marks won't affect the merit in this way. The reason behind giving extra marks to females could be trying to better the over-all result which is to be reported to the World Bank lastly. That's what I understand. What do you say dear Ali Mallah?