View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 09, 2013

wajid Kiani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fassi View Post
International Law MCQs, 2004

Option "(c) 12 Miles" and "(d) None of These (24 miles)" are right answers as far as I think

"Contiguous Zone is an area of water not exceeding 24 NMI from the baseline. It thus extends 12nm from the edge of the territorial sea."

Though in the above said question neither BASELINE nor TERRITORIAL SEA are mentioned so we may pick 12 miles as answer that is Contiguous Zone from the edge of Territorial Sea.

Hope you got it.

Right answer is
(c) An alien agrees not to seek the diplomatic protection of his own state

because Calvo Clause is a provision included generally in international investment agreements under which foreign investors waive their right to be protected by their national laws and accept the jurisdiction of the courts of the host country (where the investment is located or made). Reference: Calvo Clause

For further explanation, plz visit below links

Calvo Clause

Calvo Doctrine

The correct answer is
(b) No treaty

because War may suspend the treaties but neither they are invalidated nor terminated and not it is mentioned in Law of Treaties or UN Charter. Moreover, violation of treaties doesn't mean termination of treaties as LoC has been violated a lot of time b/w Pakistan and India but it is not terminated or invalidated.

In addition to above, Indus Water Treaty 1960, Tashkant Pact etc are not effected by host of wars between Pakistan and India it is no doubt true that they are violated but as I quoted earlier violation doesn't amount to termination or invalidation.

Effects of Armed Conflicts (war) on Treaties

The Effect Of Armed Conflict On Treaties: An Examination Of Practice

Please confirm me. I think its (b) Criminal Jurisdiction but not sure.

Regards

F@SsI

They enjoy immunity in both civil and criminal matters.
mudasr (Sunday, January 28, 2018)