View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 2547

Farhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the rough

Just a couple of clarifications:
My meaning of 2 parts was on the bases of legal and political status of parts of Kashmir i.e Indian Occupied Kashmir, AJK and GB(controlled by Pak).
Reports of amnesty International are credible and I don not put a question mark on these, this is a fact which we know and accept but I want to remove the intentional, systematic and mysterious dust from the other side of picture as well. I simply ask about social, political and economic condition of AJK and GB. In AJK you can not contest Election for local assembly if you do not accept the term of accession to Pakistan , KH Khursheed's elected government was overturned by Ayoub Khan as he called for recognition of AJK government as a ‘revolutionary provisional successor government’ of deposed Dogra ruler of Jammu and Kashmir with a freehand to take the freedom movement to its logical end.
Afterwards, he had to face imprisonment in infamous Palandari and Dalai jails as well. Situation in GB is not different, for 60 years they were treated like Bermuda Triangle.
I have the opportunity to be in all three parts of Kashmir and I can bet on the difference of development.
History can not be written only on the bases of assumptions and comparisons but lets move forward.... My basic question is whosoever started the issue whatsoever have been the relations and legalities in the past, why has Kashmir issue now become just an old book in the shelf? You may not see a war between India and Pakistan as they have attained some degree of Deterrence. They have other fish to fry. They might have lost the interest in Kashmir as they have learned to sustain without their jugular vein. But why do we forget there is a nation that needs identity, be it Indian, Pakistan or Kashmiri they want to get rid of this stained tag of Disputed territory. They need recognition no matter if it is just a province or a sovereign state. Kashmiris ask a question who are they? If neither of the India or Pakistan is able to satisfy them with answer it should be left to them.
samina amin (Sunday, February 17, 2013)