View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sana575 is on a distinguished road
Smile CSS or Fulbright?

Dear all, I am in a fix, and would appreciate advice on the matter. I am considering appearing for CSS in 2014 and getting familiarized with the format of the exam. Meanwhile, I have been selected as Prinicipal Candidate for Fulbright Scholarship, alhumdulillah (leaving this fall, if all goes well In Sha Allah) but my parents would much rather have me appear for CSS. Unfortunately, next year would be my last chance to appear in the exam. I know, that everything points to my going with the Fulbright option, and I don't want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for CSS (for which I have no guarantees that I would even pass,my parents, on the other hand, are pretty confident and it would be a dream come true for them). However, Fulbright does not have an age-limit so I would have the option to apply again in the coming years. I just don't want to have any regrets about this. I understand it's a case of 'the road not travelled...' Any advice would be appreciated, particularly by senior members.

Also, I am a newbie to this forum, I figured this was the appropriate thread to post to..sorry if it interrupts the discussion or is irrelevant. thanks in advance.