View Single Post
Old Friday, February 15, 2013

RajSR is on a distinguished road
Default Attention MBA, M.COM, BBA candidates

I am one from you and medalist but can’t perform well in the test and couldn’t qualify for the interview. Most of the guys on the forum are sharing their views that the test was general and everyone should have cleared it, I respect their opinions but here I raise a question that why the corporate sector is performing well in the country than the government, just because of their success is screening the most appropriate and qualified in the concerned field and in government they are not following the policy “right person for the right job”. One of the guys said that some employees in audit and accounts departments selected through CSS don’t have MBA or M.com. Here I must say that is the reason that they are unable to gauge the mal-practices in their departments, and further they themselves indulges in corruption. Here I would like to share the personal views of my teacher (he also trained CSP officers for many years), he says that not following the policy of “Right person for the Right job” has led our government system to failure. Some guys say that training can fill all the deficiencies, so if only the training is enough to fulfill all the requirements to perform a job most appropriately then why the professional degrees are being awarded both in the government and private institutions. Another question is, why in Tehsildar test they took 4 papers and relevant to the job. Why shouldn’t they have relied only on the training?

Friends I am of view that we should knock the doors of courts and ask for the justice, we can raise the question against the validity of the test. I am research student and have worked over the development and testing of the scales used in researches to measure the response from the respondents. So if a scale (questionnaire) is having items (questions) measuring something else than the intended one than all the results and finding based on these responses are useless to suggest a course of action to policy makers. Same here whether you are measuring a person’s ability perform well in accounts work or evaluating his memory, his knowledge on history, hard sciences etc. What a joke, a question from chemistry would be a good indicator that this person has the skill to perform audit and maintain accounts, balances etc.

In USA same practice was used to be done and tests designed for the jobs didn’t contain the job relevant questions. Then a movement started and resultantly in 1978, the EEOC and three other federal agencies—the Civil Service Commission (predecessor of the Office of Personnel Management) and the Labor and Justice Departments—jointly issued the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures. The Guidelines incorporate a set of principles governing the use of employee selection procedures according to applicable laws. They provide a framework for employers and other organizations for determining the proper use of tests and other selection procedures. The Guidelines are legally binding under a number of civil rights laws, including Executive Order 11246 and the Civil Rights Requirements of the National Job Training Partnership Act and the Wagner Peyser Act. In reviewing the testing practices of organizations under Title VII, the courts generally give great importance to the Guidelines’ technical standards for establishing the job-relatedness of tests. Also, federal and state agencies, including the EEOC, apply the Uniform Guidelines in enforcing Title VII and related laws. If an employer requires job applicants to take a test, the test must be necessarily related to the job.

I am sure that if we join hands and file a petition in High Court, we can get our due right.
You can contact me on ******@yahoo.com

Last edited by Amna; Friday, February 15, 2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Share contact. info through profile only
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RajSR For This Useful Post:
aliya 222 (Sunday, February 17, 2013), Daisy (Friday, February 15, 2013), Nayeeem (Friday, February 15, 2013), WISDOMHOUSE (Friday, February 15, 2013)