View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 23, 2013

Rvel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehreem Biya View Post
Sorry for late reply. Dear i did B.A. in mass communication from there. when I was getting admission there i also did not like the uni. but due to certain reasons I was there. I made a firm decision to do MSc from Pu at any cost so I tried hard and got 2nd position. Now I am in Pu doing MSc in communication studies. I am topper here till yet.
Vu is most famous for computer science. BSCS,MCS,MIT. Uni has recorded lectures of phd of pakistan. all those are enjoying nominated place in our society. i remember one of my professor was an HEC official,one was in UMT, and one i got in my own dept in PU.

Vu offers LMS (learning management system) through which you take your lectures, do your assignments and quizes. you have mid term and final term exams.beside that VU has different channels on which you can take lectures. you can buy CDs from book shop. each subject has 45 lectures covering enough syllabus.

as far as my experience is concerned, truly saying I spend my time in depression there.I met a lot of people who said that the degree from the Vu has no worth and I am wasting my life. but I spend that time. Luckilly i got position there and applied in Pu. my name was in first mmerit list.

Here, i realized the value of VU. there is a great difference between the both. In VU i had more syllabus,In PU we are taught 5-6 topics of a subject in a semester. In VU we did not have presentation here we have. There is no cheating. In PU favouritism and cheating goes on.I personally like VU. I use to see VU notes for my assignments.

as far as the notable graduates are concerned, this university was established in 2002. so it is just a new university.But There are some hardworkers who studied here and got selected in GOOGLE. there could be more but I know only the one who became a part of VU news as I was not social in VU times.

In VU you should have a firm mind to do work. there is no one who is forcing you to take the class. some students give their ID and password of their LMS to other for assignments and quizes. you will meet many who will say VU is like this and that but just observe them closely. they would be having their own fault behind their low results.

Now its on you to take decision. you can ask me for anything any time.
Thanks a lot for a very comprehensive answer, giving your true insights about the university and telling everything which I needed to know. Well I was also aiming for BA 2 year Journalism program and then look for any better university admission in the fall session. This way i will be eligible for the CSS exams as well.
Yes i was also impressed by the faculty and time to time saw lectures on cable tv, I was specially inspired by Pervez AHmed Hoodbhoy Lectures on VU who is a very credible professer.
That's great if you were able to maintain a good gp/result. It always helps. So according to you securing position is essential for better career prospects.

I think presentation is a good thing so I will miss that skill in VU.
Ok Now you are ready to give me more input so let me know that what kind of exposure you got in your BA 2/4 year degree, Like was there any internship in some radio/tv channel etc.

Thanks a lot for the reply, appreciate it.