View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 23, 2013

Location: Karachi, but Hometown is Larkana and so is the domicile
wasioabbasi will become famous soon enough

I attempted the 10 topic. First I wrote outline for Gender Equality is a Myth topic. Then i prepared outline for Social Media. Turned out the outline for Social Media was better, so I wrote on that. Spent half an hour on this process and next 2 hours 15 minutes on the essay.

Here is the outline the way i recall:

- Defining relationships
- What does it mean to have real and sincere relationship
- What is Social Media (definition and evolution)
- Examples of modern platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Instagram, Youtube)
- Relationships (explaining how real and sincere they can be)
Parents, siblings, neighbors, relatives, friends, life partner, children, colleagues
- Impact of social media (explaining how each weakens the bond of relationships)
Social outcast, lack of real life interactions, problems in developing EQ, adverse effects on health, irrational behavior, unable to predict consequences of activities on social media
- But social media is only 10 years old and still evolving
Online marriages, PR from major personalities and institutions, change takes time to adjust (took Industrial revolution 50 years and took UK 70 years to mitigate the resultant problems), a couple of more points
- Conclusion
Social Media indeed has ended real and sincere relationships but has ushered in a whole new era of cyber lifestyle that will take time in understanding. New form of relationships are now being developed through cyberspace which cannot be judged using older methods of measuring relationships.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wasioabbasi For This Useful Post:
Aries8 (Saturday, March 02, 2013), azure (Saturday, February 23, 2013), dms664 (Saturday, February 23, 2013), Faisal86 (Saturday, February 23, 2013), Irum Siddiqui (Saturday, February 23, 2013), Seemab (Tuesday, February 26, 2013)