View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shehla malik is on a distinguished road

Yes. This is the point where we all agree as an aware youth, but, you see problem is more complicated. What if we desire it, until this trend is supported by upper echelons of government. Around 88% people in our society are illiterate. They still follow the orders of 'waderas" and landlords, then what are the way outs to make change in society and political process?

You raised an interesting question, in fact, my first thought tried to shape it.
Our media, particularly electronic media, is new to us especially in present boisterous form. General public is in the shackles of earning bread and butter. So, how come the thought of Policies and fair elections. For instance, I am concerned with the party who provides me opportunities to grow, justice, and security. I do not think whether it comes from PPP, PML (N) or (Q) and the other political parties. So, I come to think that what is the use of these political debates on media?
In my humble opinion, due to immaturity of media, politicians are beating about bush and still a sound set of policies has not been presented by any political party.

Won't that be too late will we keep waiting till then??

With due respect for your emotions about PML (N), we should look unbiased side of the picture. PML (N) has been twice in power at national level, I don't think we saw significant change in the statistics of growth and education. Therefore, before trusting any political party blindly, we should judge them what they can do for us in real terms. Time of fake promises and rhetorics is gone far away, now the rising power of judiciary and media is there to curtail unauthorized limits of politicians. (To some extent if not fully)

Last edited by Amna; Friday, March 01, 2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: chain posts