View Single Post
Old Saturday, March 02, 2013

uzairhashmi2 is on a distinguished road
Default Social Networks

I chose the last one, which was about social media and its impact on true and sincere relations... I started my essay with the decline of personal relations between individuals, then the Interstate/ Regional/Inter provincial relations, and finally the International Relations, being seriously damaged due to facebook, twitter etc. Primary reasons being, privacy breach, over-socialization, fake identities, aggravation of ethnic differences, negative nationalist approach, by-passing diplomacy(international context), no code of conduct, less adjudication and law enforcement over unauthorized and irresponsible use of social media etc, I emphasized that all of this is being spreaded through pages and posts igniting hatred among the people, which gave birth to Xin-Xiang Revolt in china, Arab Spring etc ... I quoted advantages of the social media, and gave recommendations such as law making, strengthening cyber crimes department, ethical grooming of people, and personal realization by the people about the responsible and healthy use of social media. I concluded that social media is a necessary evil, and we cannot ignore its advantages, moreover it will take time to get mature as it is new and there is vast capacity of improvement... I am afraid that the essay I wrote was hardly of 2000 words, but the outline was properly sketched covering all the relevant points... What do you say, is it satisfactory or I messed up again...