Thread: Eligibility
View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 10, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamind View Post
Aoa to all the fraternity members on board.!

My edu background:
O Levels (straight A's)
A Levels (straight A's)
ACCA Affiliate
CFA Level II candidate

Since HEC has lately recognised ACCA members being equivalent to M.com,I want to know if this makes me eligible to sit for CSS once I become a member?

In case I am eligible to sit for CSS on equivalence basis,I am not a member yet and will need three years experience to become one.Now the dilemma is should I wait to become a member or do B.com or B.A?

Expecting instant replies from seniors,

Thanks in anticipation,
Walaikum Salam,

Yes, once you become ACCA member and HEC issues an equivalence letter to this effect, you may be eligible to sit in the exam!

If you do not want to wait for three years, you may have two options;

i) first to enroll/qualify B.A/B.Com from any recognized university
ii) Get for BSc (Hons) of Oxford Brookes University. ACCA has an arrangement with OBU where you will be required to submit some extra dissertation and they will give you degree of B.Sc Hons in Accounting and that degree is also given equivalence by HEC. You can check from ACCA for this.

Regards