View Single Post
Old Monday, March 11, 2013
42nd CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 208

candidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to behold

Happy birthday to css forum.

An academy in it own right, css forum has also been a very kind teacher to me. I remember, after creating my account here it took me a month or so to post my first post; I didn't know how to express myself in English. I am someone who has not been fortunate enough to study english grammar(apart only from tenses) at school/college level. Even today I know little of English grammar. Even so, I am able to write reasonable English today. Css forum taught me how to write. This is how it did. I knew that I was weak and I had to learn to write. I also knew that I will make mistakes. I knew that it is by writing and making mistakes that I would learn to write. Css forum provided me that much needed place where I could write. I started writing on it. In my early days I made more mistakes. These mistakes included mistakes of punctuation and verb-tense agreement mostly. With time I learned to weed out these mistakes... Behind every post that I have made since I came here, I put enormous amount of effort. I would think for hours about structures and vocabulary that I would use in expressing myself. I used every new structure and word I learned through reading English articles on the internet in my sentences here. Moreover it is here that I learned from some member that I had to think in English to be able to write in English. Before that I would think in Urdu and then translate it into English and then write it. It is through writing on this forum and after making more than 500 posts that I think I have learned to write good English. I know not a single CSP outside css forum nor have I even passed by any academy. So whatever improvements I have made I owe them to this forum. I am also very eager to contribute something to the forum. I will dedicate myself to helping members of the forum after PMS(KPK) 2013 IA.

Also, when I came here I was an extremist, a Talib. Css forum changed me from an extremist to a moderate person. In fact, I came here as a kid and now I have become a grown up person.

Moderators are doing a wonderful job, as controlling and managing 94000 people aint an easy task. All the moderators are nice people. So are the members. There aren't many places, both on and off the net, where members help each other without any hope of personal material gains.
The Following User Says Thank You to candidguy For This Useful Post:
Prince of Duhmp (Monday, March 11, 2013)