View Single Post
Old Monday, March 11, 2013

zeeshi361 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkhan View Post
I am amazed at the diversed opinion projected here over the MCQs. let me share my ideas over the contraversial MCQs.

1. Socialization is
To me answer is b. Personal Social Learning. Most of the aspirants have opted for c. Socialization is typically defined as "learning of social norms and values from the society" and which is basically a personal social learning. i depart from option c because socialization is not confined to building of norms and values by a group only. because one can undergo the social learning by an individual as well, for example, if a child learns from his father it is socialization.

2. Who can be taken as early pure sociologist among social thinkers.
The option to me is b. Ibn e Khaldun. It is true that ibn e Khaldun is forerunner of many academic deciplines but he is regarded as a sociologist not only in Arab or Tunusia but also in Asia and other parts of the world and he has been studied as a sociologist.

3. Ascribed Status.
option a Biological Inheritance. Ascribed status is the status which some one gets from his birth or caste and biological inheritance is all that you get from your birth in a particular family.

6 A stimulus- Response condition between two persons is called.
Option c. Interaction. Dialogue, option requires the interaction to be verbal whereas interaction may be verbal and non verbal and so is stimulus-response condition.

8. A verified and verifiable proposition is called.
Option c. Fact. because when a proposition is verified it becomes a fact.

11. Culture is.
For me its a. What has been given to us by our forefathers. i depart from option be because there are many elements in our culture which are not man mad but they are our culture. for example the religion of Islam is not man made but religion is our culture.

14. A sample is.
For me its option d. None of these. because sample can typically be defined as the smaller segment reprensting the whole population. Its not option a because sample is not a process (please not its sample. not sampling). its not option be because a sample does not represent universe its the segment and represents the population from which it has been taken. Its not option c because sample does not mean giving example.

16. A social caste is always.
Option b. endogamous and closed. But I maintain the reservation on this option because caste is mostly endogamous but not always.

Everyone however, reserves the right to disagree with my ideas.

Regards,

All the best to aspirants of CE 2013

Regards,
good sir , iagree all of ur options except i dont know about 14 all others are right as you said