View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 12, 2013
42nd CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 190

azure will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
Well I won't call the Khilafat system as dictatorship .. We had four rightly guided Caliphs and their way of government should be the binding precedent for an ideal Khilafat system .. Their election were democratic with the Shura choosing them and later the 'Bayt' confirming their right to rule .. Dictators are not chosen by any shura or community rather they impose themselves and they do not need any confirmation of their right to rule as they assume to acquire it when they take over ..

When one Caliph died the shura had to chose another and Khilafat was not passed to any family or kin without any consultation .. Dictators freely pass on the power to anyone they want and most dictatorships have been hereditary ..

The Caliphs were questioned for any alleged misuse of public money or property and they were bound to answer .. Even they had to appear in court to clarify if they were asked to and that means submitting to the jurisdiction of a judge .. Means if proven wrong they would even have faced punishment/penalty .. Dictators cannot be questioned and if they are, the consequences for the ones who ask too much are brutal .. Dictators do not submit to the jurisdiction of courts rather they chose their own judges to amend laws and rules in their favour .. Our Pakistani PCO example is one of them ..

There are numerous other examples differing Khilafat and Dictatorship .. They are quite opposed actually .. The problem now a days is that any sort of government which is a little different from modern democratic rules is termed as flawed or dictatorship by the West and our people simply submit to that propaganda ..

When the examiner writes/asks something and especially in analytic questions, it is not necessary to agree with him .. If you can propose a better solution than the one given in question then you must put it forward, backed by solid reasons ..

Regards ..
But the Caliphs himself suggested names of the nominees and out of those nominated, one name was chosen.
-

-
The Qazi was answerable to the Caliph and the supreme power of judge remained with the Caliph. No?
-
-
Whatever i had written in exam, i leave that aside.
But help me in removing these confusions, please.
I still am not convinced that Islamic Rule is a purely democratic. In the life of the Holy Prophet (SAW) He alone had all the powers, He was the statesman, judge, the chief commander... this is visible negation of democracy.