View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 27, 2013

shakeel ghori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailian8949 View Post
nice effort sir
sir guide me about writing introduction and thesis statement.
my second question is what must be written after introduction.we have to write definition and explanation of the topic after introduction or current scenario or both?
Dear introduction is the most important part of essay. It provides reader with a window through which he can peep into your entire essay and foresee its worthiness . This is not to say that other parts of essay do not have any importance. Indeed, they have. But the introduction holds a special position in your entire essay. If it is balanced, fascinating and thought-provoking; it will possibly leave a good impression on the mind of reader, and he will possibly feel an urge to read your entire attempt. If it is below average, something contrary to the preceding line would be a case. Now, question arises as to how one can write an appropriate introduction? You can write an introduction starting with thesis statement and later on including gist of all the important points which you are going to mention in detail in the body of essay.

Another way of writing an introduction is to make thesis statement which will be followed by all the important points which you deem necessary. In my above attempt I have adopted this method. First, I made a thesis statement: 'Population is growing and it is a threat to our prosperity'. In later lines of my introduction I tried to just throw light on this statement.

Thesis statement is the central point around which your whole essay revolves. It reflects your point of view regarding an issue and You have to make this statement in the beginning of your essay. In the later part of your essay, you just have to put arguments and examples in order to support you point of view. For example, if you are going to write an essay on the war on terror. Your thesis statement will be one of two categories. If you are in favor of this war you would probably make a statement in the very beginning of your essay which will show your point of view regarding that issue. If you are oppose to this you will make thesis statement accordingly. In both cases you will have to put forward the arguments in the later part of your essay that could support your standpoint on the issue.

What to be written after introduction depends largely on the nature of essay. Most of the essays are written in the same order i.e after introduction one has to highlight current scenario, causes, consequences, suggestions and conclusion. In few others, it is necessary to adopt a different course. The skills of how to justify that there is a need of adopting that 'other way' are acquired largely as a result of practice and determined efforts. We are making an effort here to improve our essay skills and acquire useful knowledge of essay writing. You will be cordially welcomed, if you join our group.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shakeel ghori For This Useful Post:
Hailian8949 (Thursday, March 28, 2013), Nosheen Bukhari (Thursday, March 28, 2013)