i.Elections are held to elect the representatives
ii.Civil liberties
iii.Ensure rule of law
iv. Independent judiciary
v. Organised opposition party
3 Origin of democracy?

FORMS OF DEMOCRACY

DEMOCRACY versus ANARCHY, MONARCHY,DICTATORSHIP, ARISTOCRACY

WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES FOR DEMOCRACY?
i. Peace and Security in the country.
ii.A functioning impartial media
iii. A willing population.
iv. HIgh literacy rate
v. Strong judiciary
DEMOCRACY IN PAKISTAN
i.Fragile democracy
ii.CAUSES OF FAILED DEMOCRACY
i. Military interventions
ii. Corruption and nepotism
iii. Lack of leadership
iv. Illiteracy
v. terrorism and brutality/ turmoil
vi. feudalistic dispensation
vii.Flimsy judiciary
viii.Electoral fraud

FUTURE OF DEMOCRACY IN PAKISTAN
i.awareness among public is incraesing
ii.awakening civil society make bright future of democracy
iii. Thriving electronic media performing effeciently.
iv.International pressure

SUGGESTIONS
i. free media
ii.Abolishment of feudalism
iii.Good Governance
iv.ensure accountability
v. high level of literacy

CONCLUSION

DEMOCRACY
“Democracy” is the most desirable form of Government. Its popularity lies in its very principles that ensure public articulation in decision making. Democracy is government by the people; a form of government in which the sovereign power resides in the people as a whole, and is exercised either directly by them (as in the small republics of antiquity) or by officers elected by them. Liberty, equality and fraternity are the helpmates of modern democratic political creed. Irrespective of religious belief , clime and country democracy has become a watchword and political philosophy in the free world, as opposed to dictatorship and despotic rule.
Scene its inception, the most difficult challenge Pakistan has struggled to meet has been to establish a true democratic system, which could guarantee its survival, stability and development. Unfortunately, the plant of democracy in Pakistan has not taken its roots deep enough to make the country “a durable democratic state”, despite this fact that Pakistan blossomed in the soil of democracy. Pakistan was conceived on the basis of Islam, which is democratic both in letter and spirit. It is indeed very unfortunate and a sad testimony that the plant planted by Quaid-e-Azam and watered by the blood of millions of Muslim men, women and children has not thrived in the country. it can be analyzed that it is not democracy that has failed but the politicians who have failed to run the country on correct democratic principles of equality, justice and fraternity. Moreover, the electorate has been unable to check and control the professional politicians that have changed colour like chamaeleon. it can be said that democracy doesn’t just spring out of thin air, it is a gradual process taking decades sometimes centuries. Our leaders must realize the importance of democracy and must respect the power delegated to them through vote.Democracy can be bolstered by competent leadership who realizes and understands the real cause of failed democracy in Pakistan.If we have to survive as a nation, we all should make collective efforts to nurture the feeble plant of democracy into a fruit and shelter giving plant.

Seniors and other members are requested to check this and also criticize...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidra naveed For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Tuesday, April 02, 2013), seher bano (Monday, April 01, 2013)