View Single Post
Old Monday, April 08, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by inash View Post
The questioning of the candidates for election regarding their knowlegde of basic principles of islam by returning officers is whether wright or wrong?
In my opinion they are right,instead ,many intellectuals of civil society,electronic media and print media consider this attitude of Ro,s wrong,baised and cruel.I,ll give the following arguments in support of my view.
1-Article 62 of the constitution of pakistan, clause(e) says,"no one is qualified as member of majlis-e-shura,if he/she has no knowlegde of basic principles of islam".
2-pak is an islami jamhoriya.it,s state religion is islam.97% are muslims.in such an atmospher,if an election candidate does not have knowlegde of the very basics of islam,he has no right to represent the people of pakistan.
3.The Ro,s questioning regarding islam is from muslim candidates,not non-muslims.
4-some argues that for the administration of a country,knowlegde of islam is not necessary.i will say for the administration of a country,one should know the syche of the people(love of islam in case of pak) of that country and should know, at least,the basics of that syche.
Returining officers are not asking tough questions....i saw some videos where they asked about third Kalima,Dua-e-Qanoot etc..these are easy questions.....although,97%population is muslims yet literacy rate is extremly low,and therefore candidates are feeling difficulties.....howerver,returning officers should not ask personal questions from the innocent future MNAs..
Regards