View Single Post
Old Monday, April 08, 2013

AyaanAslam will become famous soon enough

Asslam u Allikum , !

Bro welcome you on this great site. what i think regarding your questions is as follows ,
Quote:
1. Is it actually useful to go to an academy to get the basics of the exams? Do they teach students things which we can not learn from books or the internet?
in my point of view, BIG NO for any academy.

Quote:
2. Time. I have heard people saying that ''you will have to study for 10 months daily and for 8-10 hours, stop any social activities and stay at home all day and study!'' - How true is this? Frankly speaking, i have never been able to concentrate more than just a couple of hours at a stretch. Will i have to change my self for this ?
this depend on person's stamina . i think there is no need to cut off your self from social activities , friends etc. yes it is important that you should give proper time to your studies on regular basis.

Quote:
3. Subject selection. First of all, what do experienced people suggest - is it better to have more subjects because they might be easier for you or is it better to study less subjects because there would be lesser subjects to study? For example: I have come up with a couple of combinations but have not decided yet because i want to study the syllabi further.
Option A: Public Administration, Sociology, Journalism, US History, Constitutional Law and International Law.

Option B: Economics, Sociology, Journalism, US History and International Law.

Option C: Economics, Political Science and Islamic History.
again it depends on you.select subject which are easy for you.

Quote:
4. Books. Are there any set of good books for the mandatory/compulsory subjects? I do not want to read people's notes. Can any one recommend a single book for each subject? (Or is it better to study from more than one book?)
see the recommend books by fpsc .

Quote:
5. I am currently working full-time and plan to leave my job around August/September so that i can fully concentrate on CSS preparations because these days i only have some time on the weekends. Would you recommend this? Or would you suggest that either i keep on with the job, or leave it next month i.e May ?
again it depends on you. if you are able to give proper time to your studies then it is better to not leave your job.

Wishing you best of luck for ce2014.

Regards