Thread: Quotations.
View Single Post
Old Monday, July 02, 2007

mtgondal will become famous soon enough

It is by acts and not by ideas that people live.
Anatole France

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
Thich Nhat Hanh

The crowd gives the leader new strength.
Evenius

Laughing is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one spot.
Josh Billings

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
Voltaire

You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.
Irish Proverb

The more passions and desires one has, the more ways one has of being happy.
Charlotte-Catherine

While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.
Henry C. Link

How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it.

Mark Twain

I believe the choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.
Oprah Winfrey

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see.
Henry David Thoreau

Whatever you think, be sure it is what you think; whatever you want, be sure that is what you want; whatever you feel, be sure that is what you feel.
T. S. Eliot

Under all speech that is good for anything there lies a silence that is better. Silence is deep as Eternity; speech is shallow as Time.
Thomas Carlyle

The best things carried to excess are wrong.
Charles Churchill

Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby.
Unknown

Each person has an ideal, a hope, a dream which represents the soul. We must give to it the warmth of love, the light of understanding and the essence of encouragement.
Colby Dorr Dam

You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
Jeannette Rankin

Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
Plato

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.
Confucius

Our patience will achieve more than our force.
Edmund Burke

That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
William J. H. Boetcker

The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.
Og Mandino

Underpromise; overdeliver.
Tom Peters

You cannot acquire experience by making experiments. You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.
Albert Camus

The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.
Harry Golden

The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and all time.
George Bernard Shaw

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Plato

Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you.
Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Be more prompt to go to a friend in adversity than in prosperity.
Chilo

Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
Peter Drucker

All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.

Baltasar Gracian

If you know how to spend less than you get, you have the philosopher's stone.
Benjamin Franklin

The significance of man is that he is insignificant and is aware of it.

Carl Becker

It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.
Aristotle

What may be done at any time will be done at no time.

Scottish Proverb

One single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer.
G. E. Les

It is by acts and not by ideas that people live.

Anatole France

Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly, one-directionally, without regret or reservation.
William H. Sheldon

Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.

King Whitney Jr

When ideas fail, words come in very handy.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.

Franklin P. Adams

It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee

There is no them, there is only Us. Some of Us think this or some of Us think that, but we're all Us.

Lisa Williams

Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.
Harold Wilson

Intimacy is being seen and known as the person you truly are.

Amy Bloom

Don't think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Love flies, runs, and rejoices; it is free and nothing can hold it back.

Thomas a Kempis

The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.
Peter Drucker

I did not invent a method of education, I simply gave some little children a chance to live.

Maria Montessori

To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains.
Mary Pettibone Poole

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.

Marcel Proust

Help others get ahead. You will always stand taller with someone else on your shoulders.
Bob Moawad

The opportunity for brotherhood presents itself every time you meet a human being.

Jane Wyman

There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life.

Sister Mary Rose McGeady

Do not erase the designs the child makes in the soft wax of his inner life.

Maria Montessori

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

William Shakespeare

The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.

Sam Levenson

It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem.

Malcolm Forbes

Quotes on Optimism

The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. - James Branch Cabell

An optimist is the human personification of spring. - Susan J. Bissonette

-For myself, I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else. - Winston Churchill

-An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity. - Winston Churchill

-An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and takes the tartar sauce with him. - Zig Ziglar
Enjoy every moment of life.

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Last edited by Last Island; Friday, May 16, 2008 at 11:17 PM.