View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 17, 2013

dms664 is a jewel in the roughdms664 is a jewel in the roughdms664 is a jewel in the roughdms664 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Asslamo Alikum... I was going through the posts of this thread and found it really useful. But still i am stuck in some ways...Here are my few queries:

1) Is it important to give refrence of Dawn editorials if we share something from it in Exam?
2) Please share names of some recent and renowned Pakistani columnists and talkshows that may help in CSS prepration.
3) Dawn publish 3 editorials and 3-4 articles daily and its really time consuming activity to read all those daily. Its disturbing my whole schedule of studies... Please suggest me whether i continue reading like this or to cut and collect these articles for future when i would prepare for current affairs paper.
4) Some initial but very useful posts were made in 2007 and now its 2013 so I just want the respectable members to update this thread if Dawn has made some changes in placement of its important articles/editorials during this span of time as some Senior had stated the top left editorial as most important one.
Please reply...
1: No

2: Don't waste time on talk shows for written part. After clearing the written exam then you can hunt for a good talk show.

3: I will suggest you not to get into this cut and collect business. You can select articles on the basis of your interest but don't miss Editorial, Islamic article on Friday and Economy page.

4:Updated. We are always at your service. Feel free to ask if still there is some ambiguity.

Editorial is a thin full page column on the extreme left of the editorial page.

Regards

PS pardon for late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Is it safe to start reading dawn after July? Please comment.
Its your will and wish but Dawn will polish your writing expression a lot. So read it like any other newspaper you read nowadays. I used to read Jung before this and shifted to dawn without taking any stress. The earlier you switch to Dawn the better it will be for your Oral and written expression coupled with enhanced vocabulary.

Buy a digital dictionary or if you have iOS or android phone, install a dictionary software. It will come handy when you will start reading dawn.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: merged
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dms664 For This Useful Post:
Daisy (Saturday, April 20, 2013), Neha Atif (Saturday, May 04, 2013)