View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 03, 2007

mtgondal will become famous soon enough

Failures and difficulties faced by famous personalities:

Isaac Newton, the great scientist and mathematician, got no affection and care from his parents, as he had to live with his grandmother after his motherre-married. He was inferior physically and in studies to his classmates. Just when he made up for his shortcomings in school, his mother withdrew him from school due to financial difficulties after the death of his stepfather. But his love for studies and getting further education made him succeed eventually.

Ludwig van Beethoven is considered the greatest Western composer of all time. He handled the violin awkwardly and preferred playing his own compositions instead of improving his techniques. His teacher called him 'hopeless' as a composer. Even Beethoven's hearing loss did not affect his ability to compose music.

Abraham Lincoln became one of the greatest presidents in the history of USA. Born in a poor family, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, failed twice in business and suffered from a nervous breakdown.

Walt Disney, the famous American cartoonist and film producer was fired by a newspaper editor for lack of ideas. Walt Disney also went bankrupt several times before he built the Disneyland.

Charles Darwin, father of the Theory of Evolution gave up a medical career and was told by his father, 'You care for nothing but shooting dogs and rat catching.' In his autobiography, Darwin wrote, 'I was considered by all my masters and by my father a very ordinary boy, rather below the common standard in intellect.'

Albert Einstein, the father of 'Theory of Relativity' which altered mankind's fundamental concepts of space and time did not speak until he was four-year-old and didn't read until he was seven. His teacher described him as 'mentally slow, unsociable and adrift forever in his foolish dreams.' He was expelled and was refused admission to Zurich Polytechnic School.

Winston Churchill is widely regarded as the greatest British leader of the 20th century. Churchill is celebrated for his leadership during World War II (1939-1945), one of the most desperate struggles in British history. He failed sixth grade. He did not become Prime Minister of England until he was 62, only after a lifetime of defeats and setbacks. His greatest contributions came when he was a senior citizen.

Source: 100 Great Lives by John Canning
Enjoy every moment of life.

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.