View Single Post
Old Saturday, April 20, 2013

shakeel ghori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Faisal View Post
Thank Aimen for you valuable suggestions. you are of the opinion that native languages should be preserved. Yes, for sure, we should but not at the cost of our socioeconomic development...

Thank you my Dear for your precious comments. I am not against our beautiful mother language URDU. However, as we could not develop this language so its better we take help of English until or unless URDU has gained ground.

Thankss...

Shakeel what I felt in this work is that you have taken two stances. one, you are supporting the English. Second, in the last paragraph you supported Urdu. I think it is little confusing. Examiner is asking you to write on English as a medium. you just favour it or go against it and then prove. What we say, sometimes the middle way is dangerous. apart from that a nice piece of work.
Thanx dear for checking my attempt. I wanted to say that currently we are giving ample importance to the english in our education system. So much so that we have neglected urdu altogether. I am averse to this mindset. I am of the opinion that we should continue with English in the same manner, for it is an international language. But at the same time, we should also do our best to uplift urdu which is our natioal language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid Jilani View Post
Not Economy but Politics Is a Key to Success

Outline

1.Introduction
The most integral determinant of success or failure of any nation is its economic condition. However, the economy is itself dependent on a system called ‘political system’. A country can only be economically stable, if it is politically strong, for economic policies emanate under political supervision. Unfortunately, in most of the developing countries and specifically in Pakistan, steps are taken to strengthen the economy without stabilizing their political system. Such wrong priority setting leads all the efforts astray.

2.Examples from history

a. Decline of colonial powers
(Due to the racial, cultural, ethnic and all kind of discrimination against the people living in the colonies under the colonial regimes. This all was because of the inefficient political system. Spanish, French, Ancient Greek most of the other colonial powers faced decline due to political crises)

b. Coming of revolutions
(All the major revolutions that impacted the world at large came with the cause to restructure the political setup in order to bring about the paradigmatic change in a particular area)
i. American revolution
ii. French revolution
iii. Russian revolution
iv. Chinese revolution
v. Iranian revolution

3.Political, economic and social systems
(The point is that the economic, and social miseries bring about the major uprising that challenge the status quo i.e. political system that controls entire setup running the affairs of the country, exactly like what is happening in Pakistan presently)
a. Economic and social systems – drivers of political change
i. Abolition of slavery from the US
ii. End of apartheid in South Africa
iii. Uprising of civil rights movement in the US
iv. Rise of progressive intellectuals in 20th century

4.Success stories of politically and economically stable countries

a. China’s status as fastest growing economy
b. India as an Asian giant
c. South Korea as one of the world’s leading economies
d. Brazil as an emerging state
e. Turkey’s politico-economic status

5.Present political and economic status of Pakistan
(Politically divided people, creeping economic growth, social & ethnic divide, and ideological crisis in Pakistan are some of the major issues that require the political upgradation in the country)

6.Major hurdles or challenges against the political stability for majority of states

a. Lack of political will (specially in Pakistan)
b. Inefficient political leadership (specially in Pakistan)
c. Absence or silence of pressure groups
d. External involvement – US or any other powerful state (specially in Pakistan)
e. Lack of independent institutions
f. Ignorant populace due to illiteracy and dormant media
g. Ineffective policy-making and implementation
h. Crisis of identity (specially in Pakistan)

7.Measures to be adopted for a favorable political change

a. Active involvement of pressure groups
b. Awareness campaign for the masses
c. Deciding on a single identity and ideology
d. Constitutional power transition
e. Policies compatible with economic, social and political implications

8. Conclusion
A commendable attempt. Your outline contains highly informative and relevant points. However, I would like to sugget that you should try to make short points in your outline rather than making verbose and lengthy sentences. Moreover, try to be precise and straightforward. Overall a nice attempt. Just keep it up.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: merged
The Following User Says Thank You to shakeel ghori For This Useful Post:
Shahid Jilani (Saturday, May 18, 2013)