View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 02, 2013

The sky watcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza Salick View Post
Interesting discussion..monetary matters are no doubt important and cannot be neglected.This is one area where the civil service lacks i.e the salaries paid to civil servants are not very attractive.But have to look at the gains of this tradeoff.there are hundreds of priviliges and opportunities that this service offers.One must also understand that this is a kind of a job where monetary benefits and renumeration take a backseat.Honour of being a civil servant is unparalled in Pakistan.You have power in a sense that the decisions you take have far reaching and wide implications on lives of the people and in some cases the whole nation.You can provide relief to a huge number of people legally using the power vested in your position.This is an opportunity and a feeling no other career can possibly give you.A doctor may save one person's life,but monitoring of health facilities or input in health policy by a civil servant can save lives of thousands of people in the decades to come.Civil service takes you to areas of Pakistan which you couldn't have thought of visiting if it were on your own.Recognition and even reverence would come your way if you perform your tasks efficiently,impartially and honestly.I am just a beginner in the service,but I can vouch for the fact that no job would give you the thrill and the sense of achievement that civil service can provide.It is worth all the pains.and when you have so much on offer,who cares about a few thousand rupees.You can have millions but you can't buy the tag of being an officer in the premier service of pakistan with them.
Govt institutions are full of corruppion. Most people go for Css to make money. Pakistan has been running by beaurocrats except some years of nazims, even nazims done much for common people. Beaurocrats are governing the country. Why our most areas are still backbard if they really go to civil service to serve the nation. (sorry for some spelling mistakes)
The Following User Says Thank You to The sky watcher For This Useful Post:
talalz3 (Monday, June 17, 2013)