View Single Post
Old Friday, May 03, 2013

shakeel ghori is on a distinguished road

I am sending my attempt. All respected members are highly requested to assess my attempt and point out mistakes. I will be very thankful to the sincere and effective recommendations.

Energy crisis in Pakistan.

1-Introduction
a. Meaning of energy
b. Its relationship with progress of a country

2-Energy crisis in Pakistan (present situation)
a. Acute shortage of energy
b. Low generation of electricity
c. Shortage of gas
d. Hike in oil prices
c. wide gape between supply and demand

3-Reasons of energy crisis
a. Lack of political will
b. Poor management of resources
c. Over-reliance upon renewable energy
d. Shortage of gases and oils
e. Economic hurdles
f. Circular debt
g. Rapid urbanization
h. Power theft
i. Distribution and transmission loses
j. Increase in demand
k. Lack of planning and research
l. Less work on exploration of new hidden energy reserves
m. Lack of accountability

4-Consequences of energy crises
a. Low and sluggish economic growth
b. Poor standards of living
c. Industrial stagnation
d. Transportation problems
e. Trade deficit
d. Inflation
e. Unrest and turmoil.
f. Increase in poverty and unemployment
g. Psychological collapse

5-Solutions/suggestions
a. Adequate management of resources
b. Recovery of circular debt
c. Installation of new power plants
d. Repairing of transmission and distribution units
e. More reliance on renewable resources of energy
f. Construction of new dams
g. Appropriate utilization of Thar coal
h. Exploration of new energy reserves
i. Crackdown on power theft
j. Political consensus
k. Check and balance in industries

6-Conclusion

Introduction

Energy is an engine of social and economic development of a country. No country can get success without it. It plays a pivotal role for industrial and many other processes. Hence, it goes without saying that all those nations are developed which have more energy resources and a technology to convert these resources into useful form. Sadly, in Pakistan we are suffering from worse crisis of energy. It has made our lives miserable and impeded the economic growth of country. This unfortunate reality notwithstanding, the energy crisis is completely a curable ailment. We do have all resources to deal with this ongoing challenge which has put the development of country on back burner. But what is lacking is a rational, result-oriented and realistic policy which can enable those at the helm of affairs to manage the existing resources in the best possible manner. Someone in this regard has rightly said that 'Pakistan is not a poor country but poorly managed country'. Admittedly, all of this is not a result of mindless decision-making at the top, but a number of other genuine factors are also responsible for this sorry state of affairs. Lack of technology, corruption, unsystematic urbanization, political instability, lack of coordination among institutions are few of those causes which have pushed us in this current unrest. There is a dire need of realizing that the true prosperity and progress of country lies in having adequate energy. If the resources are used properly, problem of circular debt solved, new plants installed, corruption is dealt with iron hand, and political consensus is built up to cure the energy problem; we will possibly be able to pull ourselves out of this current mess and move towards a progressive, prosperous and peaceful atmosphere.