View Single Post
Old Friday, May 24, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,265 Times in 674 Posts
VetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Empire View Post
I wonder how can one survive with the pittance they give to civil servants as salary. Really, being single , I cannot imagine making ends meet with 40 k. Just to be a Goddamned CSP, should I accept a life where my whole focus is on paying my bills, my children's fees, and very justified demands of my spouse. 80% of my intellectual energy wasted on these trivial issues. Or should I not get married? It's just a query: do you people not think about these things? Or am I way too money-minded or too ensconced in my comfort zone.

All good schools are charging + 15 k for a 3 years kid.
IPS is charging 22 k.

Rent of the worst apartment in Islamabad is 16+. ( where I refused to live as a single)

If I sound way too materialistic, kindly let me know; I need to work on my personality then.
Bro, you are 110% right and that is the main reason, why civil servants indulge in "unfair/illegal" activities.
Govt should revise the pay system of civil servants in order to attract able persons to it. Imran khan (PTI) had the intentions of revisiting the whole pay structure of govt servents but unfortunately he didn't come to power.