Thread: Nukes
View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 30, 2013
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad T S Awan View Post
AoA

IV). In days of peace, nukes have worth, because they keep a deterrence from possibility of any attack.
Yes I have stated already that Nukes are to avoid traditional warfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehman Khan View Post
Dear first study Proactive doctrine operations.
Study in detail whats deterrence in relation to Pakistan Defence
COmpare Indian and Pakiastai FOrces, their intentions and our response.
Study why USA has not launched its JACKALS directly into our state.

Everything would be clear to you

I replied in context of your statement that we have nukes but still powerless. Yes Nukes are powerless against Al-Qaeda and Taliban. Traditional warfare is now out of question even USA avoids it even when they are fighting with no-Nuclear powers i.e Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan. They only used Air Force and financed Guerilla groups to do the rest. I am not saying that we should abhor Nukes. I am just saying that Nukes have done what they were designed for. In present circumstances Power doesn't only lie in Nukes. We should find another means to powerify ourselves.
eshaaladan (Thursday, May 30, 2013), Muhammad T S Awan (Thursday, May 30, 2013)