View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 30, 2013

alibaloch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid Mahmood View Post
No worries brother, We are here to help each other as much as we can. Its really good if you have strong grip on physics and computer science.
Don't be confused in any subject selection just go for past papers first which would help you alot in choosing your subjects. Journalism can give you good marks with less effort but first make a rough list of 8 to 10 subjects which you found easier than others and with good scoring trend, than go for previous papers of at-least 10 years which would help you to make a good decision as per your apptitude.
As an Engineer I would love to share a few subjects which are good scoring and not much lengthy(This is just my perception anyone can disagree).

1. Journalism
2. Forestry(Just one book prep can yield more than 70)
3. Sociology(easy but lengthy coursework)
4. History of USA(Recommended subject by csp's but only If you have interest in history)
5. International Law(scoring subject and not very much lengthy If you are interested to study resolutions, reforms and case studies regarding U.N and other international cases)
6. Psychology (200 marks subject depends on one book prep means less coursework and can give 150+ If you are Interested)

You should shortlist subjects from list of subjects than go for past papers. I hope it will sort out your problem otherwise you can ask if any query left!
Aoa brother, I applied your method for selecting optional subjects and after going through all of the course work and past papers i have finalized these subjects. Moreover, i did replace physics, stat and comp science because of the lengthy syllabus and risk factor attached with science subjects.I want to play safe and ensure my selection so i let them go.
Here's the list of subjects i have finalized.

Geography
Psychology
Journalism
Forestry/International Law

I am still little bit confused in forestry/I.L, one of my seniors told me that forestry is lengthy and even students having sound background in agriculture couldnt pass it. He advised me I.L instead but i will decide after seeing books and course material.

In the end i would like to thank you Junaid bhai for your proper guidance. As most important part of CSS is subject selection and It wouldnt pe possible without your help