View Single Post
Old Monday, June 03, 2013
41st CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 186, CE 2015 - Merit 9

out of place is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Thank you for agreeing. I deliberately did not go into the details of the glorious Vedic period; I was not sure how it would be taken here.

So my question is, if there are any members who have already attempted the CSS or have any experience of it, can someone write objective history in CSS? I mean what if a person chooses to write the actual history instead of what we are hammered into our heads during our formal education? Is it taken on its merit, or is the official version inevitably supported?
Notwithstanding the obscurantism of narrow syllabus, it must be said that the objective treatment of history increasingly finds greater appreciation in CSS. Hence, you don't have to invent any ideological bases and religious motives behind the many Muslim conquests of India. In fact, a holistic, and almost a sociological, understanding of historical events is prerequisite to fetch good marks, a paradigm shift from the old simplistic generalizations and binary reductions.
Gypsified (Monday, June 03, 2013), JS1325 (Monday, June 03, 2013)