View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 06, 2013

farain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfaust View Post
Aoa to all members of this forum
I m one of the qualifiers of CE 2012 and hopeful to get allocated . USA history was one of my optional subjects. I scored 72 in it despite the fact that USA history 2012 paper was very difficult with a drift away from typical pattern.
Many CSS aspirants have asked me to share my preparation strategy for USA history which is as follows:

Books I Consulted:
1. Red and blue books of Indian author
2. Online book available on usahistory.org (must read given the change in paper pattern. It helps a lot in solving objective portion also )
3. Lectures on USA history By TTC with accompanying guidebooks(referred to on this forum by a senior member )

Suggestions:
1. Divide the subject into different topics.
2. First read the topic from majumdar and then from the e-book. Jot down extra information from the latter on a register.
3. Listen to lectures daily when you get tired of reading books. I did not listen to them in my first attempt ie 2012 but did in my second attempt ie 2013. I felt a huge difference in my approach to the subject. In addition, your auditory memory will enhance your information and grip on the subject. The guidebooks will serve as readymade short notes.
4. In paper, begin your question with a quotation and add quotations where relevant.
5. Draw maps where required.
6. Give both merits and demerits of each president performance in Oval office.
7. Before giving your analysis on the topic in the paper, add a heading “VIEWS OF DIFFERENT HISTORIANS”. Try to cite variant opinions about the topic by revered historians.
8. For questions related to CA, read DAWN.
9. Please don’t go for selective study. But do focus on important topics.
Thanks for the post, I am also considering US history for 2014 as this is my 1st attempt for CSS. I will ask you questions time to time as I go along with my prepration
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farain For This Useful Post:
MOHSINALIKHAN (Friday, January 03, 2014), saim n babar (Thursday, August 29, 2013)