Thread: Give a thought
View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 08, 2013

talhasaeed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Science was not involved on either side because science simply did not exist in the Arabian society at that time. But Prophet certainly encouraged and used unique and innovative techniques in his wars. Just take Ghazv-e-Khandaq, as an example, where he had no problems following the example of "Kafir" Persians to dig up a ditch against the invaders. And there are a lot of other examples.

So you are saying that it was the sword and force that caused the spread of Islam? We are debating about the intentions of the people who invaded India, not whether Islam benefited from it or not (although it certainly did).

BTW, Islam had arrived in Indian sub-continent before bin Qasim, thanks to the traders and common preachers. It would’ve continued to flourish in that way (much better way) had not bin Qasim invaded it on the instructions of Hajjaj bin Yousuf (who was an evil person in his own right) after his economic interests were threatened by the pirates.

In a nuclear age, the conventional battle-fields and methods have ceased to exist. Bombing an entire city in a minute doesn't allow much scope for chivalry, does it?

My dear friend, I happen to be a hafiz-e-Qur’an (I mentioned in a previous post that I studied in a madrassah for several years). And I’m lucky enough that I didn’t simply learn it like a parrot as the norm goes in our Pakistan. Instead, I read its translation and I also read the commentaries, both modern and classics. Our house was stuffed with religious books of all sorts, my father being in Jamat-e-Islami (something that I previously mentioned as well). So, while I don’t claim to be an “aalim” at all, I do believe I have more religious knowledge that average Pakistanis who, unfortunately, have been tricked and coerced into blind following by mullahs under state patronage. I also like to read books written by “kafirs”, unlike most Pakistanis who either simply don’t read or confine themselves to religious books.

I know that is a verse from Qur’aan. And I also assure you that there are more verses of Qur’aan stressing on the importance of knowledge, on feeding the poor, on educating people and improving their lives, on acting with compassion – have we been following any of these at all? Thousands of Pakistanis die every year due to terrorism, hunger, poverty and ill-management, and all we want is more weapons and wars. Is this what Qur’aan teaches? I assure you, it doesn't teach this; only ignorance begets this attitude.

so we should not get our horses ready thanks for opening my eyes

We already have our horses ready with nuclear weapons and a powerful military (who merely likes to invade its own people and derail democracy every few years and has faced shameful defeats in wars). Now can we move on to more basic/essential aspects and improve the standards of living of the people? Hazrat Umar didn’t say that he would be answerable to God if he lost a war or if there were apostates in his kingdom. He, however, did say that he would be answerable even if a dog dies hungry in his kingdom, let alone a human. We mock the basics of Islam and humanity and want to impose the advanced concepts, an attitude which can only result in grave problems, the kinds we face today.

we have seen democracy for the last five years and i can bet that even the animals of Pakistan are thinking to say democracy to back off we cannot fulfill our basic needs with this corrupt man made system..democracy is not more than 200 years old its just a lolypop for Pakistani people..dont compare caliph with leaders of pakistan

So Yazeed was a pious Islamic Caliph, is that it? And subsequent “Caliphs” who murdered/suppressed their opponents and indulged in all sorts of debaucheries were pious “caliphs”, is that it? And btw, what is this system of Caliphate? I’d really love to know. Can you educate me a little on this?

so you are a hafiz e Quran still you are asking me about caliphate..dont make fun of caliphate..one Islamic state in the globe having a single caliph responsible to implement islamic laws..unite the ummah and not allow any intruders like jews,hindus and christians to build slaughter houses in kashmir,afghanistan,bosnia,palestine...it was the khilafat in which america used to pay the caliph khiraj so that their trade ships could pass through Muslim territories and even france was asking caliph for help in war..

P.S. I don't understand how someone can undermine the importance of economic and scientific progress when virtually everything we use in our lives is due to very science. Even the nuclear weapons that we are so proud of are an outcome of science. Take science out of our lives and we are back to mud-houses and horses.
As you said science was not involved on either side but still the kufar were 1000 and they were equipped with the combat best equipment of the time still 313 overwhelmed them and they couldnt found the way to run it was nat science which made the Muslims todo so it was their belief on Allah(SWT) and their wish fro die a martyr....

so you are saying that the Muslim invaders were intruders and muderers who just attacked subcontinent for wealth..from where you have read this about them ??i am looking forward to read it and correct my knowledge any reference book ?? love to read it
If Muhammad bin Qasim was a intruder then people of subcontinent must have hated him when he attacked but the truth is that they started turning towards islam because his mujahidins were not rapping their women and not slaughtering the children it was their attitude which had a long lasting affect on the locals..as far as haja bin yousaf is concerned i accept that he was very harsh but only to those who were imminent threat to isalm......
By chivalry i didnt mean that we should get our horses and our swords and attack kufar..i tried to say that war is not over and will never be as it is mentioned that we should be ready for war all the time.. war is same but the way to fight has changed but still if Muslims get united than there will be dark day for US and its allies..Muslims can push US and west back to stone age but only when Muslims are united in the shade of a single flag and this cannot happen in democracy unfortunately.....
now this shows a clear view that why you are so obssessed with jihad and Muslims conquests in subcontinent and all aroud the globe..well than ask your father why several ameers of jamat participated in jihad in afghanistan as russia was a superpower and pakistan was not even a nuclear power at that time it was not the science which tear apart Russia the world superpower into a state which will never rise again it was the belief of mujahidins in shahadat
so we should not get our horses ready thanks for opening my eyes

we have seen democracy for the last five years and i can bet that even the animals of Pakistan are thinking to say democracy to back off we cannot fulfill our basic needs with this corrupt man made system..democracy is not more than 200 years old its just a lolypop for Pakistani people..dont compare caliph with leaders of pakistan

so you are a hafiz e Quran still you are asking me about caliphate..dont make fun of caliphate..one Islamic state in the globe having a single caliph responsible to implement islamic laws..unite the ummah and not allow any intruders like jews,hindus and christians to build slaughter houses in kashmir,afghanistan,bosnia,palestine...it was the khilafat in which america used to pay the caliph khiraj so that their trade ships could pass through Muslim territories and even france was asking caliph for help in war..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
P.S. I don't understand how someone can undermine the importance of economic and scientific progress when virtually everything we use in our lives is due to very science. Even the nuclear weapons that we are so proud of are an outcome of science. Take science out of our lives and we are back to mud-houses and horses.

Dear who is saying that just wipe out science from our life its a basic necessity we should progress in every field but we should not let anyone to kill students of our madrassas in drone attacks our soldiers and our sovereignty and let kufar to invade us in sleep of remiss..hope that you will once again consult your father on this topic of getting our horses ready

Last edited by Amna; Saturday, June 08, 2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Merged/Chain Posts