View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

I would second my dear brother Bilal Hassan on this issue.

How this environmentalist protest had become a political one? When the government decided to build a museum and shopping mall after chopping a dozen trees at Taksim square a group of environmentalists protested against it. But soon this protest was joined by opposition parties and inflamed the protesters against the government by provoking their feelings on the pretext of Racip's authoritarian stature.
In last month Turkey govt banned the air-hostesses from using bright red lipstick and ordained them to clothe themselves in ankle-length dresses and prohibited alcohol service in Airlines. Well, as far the lipstick ban concerns it is a bit interference in personal life style and one cannot say it is according to Islam. However, I am totally unaware of the background of this ban and didn't find any material on it. But what is amazing is the outcome of this ban, next day hundreds of couples locked their lips in public as a demonstration against the govt's ban. Though, they were attacked with batons etc. by ultra conservatives. What I say, all the three parties were extremists in their actions and decisions i.e: The govt, the protesters and the baton holders.

Anyhow, Ban of alcohol was a good step. However many of my brethren would disagree with me and would say it is an anti-secular step and today only the secular governments could survive and blah blah. Some of the Western countries had legalized the same-gender marriages what we call gay-marriage, I am astonished no one protested on the media that this was against the Law of Nature. In fact our leaders are the Media houses and we follow them blindly. Therefore, we only believe what they show us.

Racip tayyep is a commoner and was educated in pro-Islamic institute, Imam Hatip School. This is also a reason the opposition parties did not like him because of his inclination towards Islamic Ideology.

Interestingly it is not Erdogan's government which is in favour of Bashar Al-Asad of Syria, but the opposition parties, BDP and CHP are showing their sympathy and support for him.

Again the US is supporting the Rebels, even with lethal weapons but none of the media houses or NGO's, Humanitarian organisations would protest against it. Even last month I read a news in which a rebel told that after killing the soldier he mutilated his body and masticated his body parts. Dear fellows, it is not the issue of right or wrong who else follows the violent means should be discouraged. It be Asad or rebels.

Than come to Libya, Egypt etc. Their government's are still dangling. Political, social and economical unrest is hovering over them. But now that's not interests U.S etc.

Tayip won thrice consecutively, and every time with greater majority i.e; 34%, 47% and 49.8% respectively in his first, second and third term. Why people elected him? His economic, social and political policies were the feathers in his cap and was rewarded in votes by the general masses.

Ironically, when the universities didn't allow female students with headscarf and deprived them their right for education, which one of the opposition parties came out to protest? None! When they were forced to take off their scarves and wear wigs which of these parties wrote to Amnesty International, European Union, and the international media? None!

Therefore, it is not the Erdogan and his government who is at fault. We have to read between the lines to know the truth.
Furquan592 (Tuesday, June 18, 2013), Thwarted idea (Friday, June 14, 2013)