View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
When I say Turkey supported rebels it means politically and morally not necessarily with arms. Turkey and Syria possess a long history of hostility for each other. Recep has again and again called the Syrian government to stop inhumane behaviour. I am not at all defending Syria not condemning Turkey. I am just saying that under the influence of Europe and US mostly Muslim countries are digging pits for themselves. In this way entire Muslim world will be facing Summer, Spring or Winter sooner or later. When will Muslim countries stop interfering villianly in each others' internal affairs? Now those very forces who declared Bashar regime totalitarian are accusing Recep regime to be authoritarian.

Dear Saba,
There are no forces who accuse Recep being authoritative and totalitarian but the western media only because of his implementing Islamic reforms.....what media calls him does not simply matter.

The people over whom he rules favor him as is truly manifested in that the people of Turkey have given the chance to Justice and Development party and Recep Ordagan, popular opinion favours him.....what secularists and western media says simply does not matter.....

Do not compare his govt with Bashar Assad's regime as in Syria popular opinion is against him, his own people condemn him.....this is certainly not the case in Turkey.....so don't compare both.....