Thread: need guidence
View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 13, 2013

Iram ashiq is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassie View Post
You are right in your assessment of two groups and hence it remains your decision to choose what you want to do.. Let me still elaborate further to clarify your concerns.
In MLCG, right from day 1 You get a car and a house with certain servants as well. Same goes for PAS as well, but still there are stations in PAS, where you couldn't expect to get an accommodation in grade 17, such as provincial capitals.
But the thing is, in MLCG you cannot expect to get beyond grade 21, no matter how competent or able you are, because there is only one DG of MLCG, which happens to be a Major General from the Military. On the contrary, your chances of making it to grade 22 in PAS are pretty probable if you are able and competent. Similarly, in MLCG you would be spending your entire career in one department, while in PAS, your horizontal mobility is matchless. You could go to any department with great ease. Similarly, the decision making authority that you have in PAS is something you would crave for in MLCG.
N Yes, in MLCG you get to spend time with your family and the job is not as demanding as that of a PAS officers. There also happens to be negligible political interference. So,lik I said, The Decision is YOURS..
thanks
thanks alot for replying and
for your so nice guidence
am appread in css 2013 and if struggle counts then insahallah i will be in top
50 or if luck counts then i ill be its round about
my prefrance is only these two groups dmg /pas and mlcg
but i was still confused now about choosing b/w
but now i think i need some more guidence and views to think more broadly