waqas izhar will become famous soon enough
Default applied math syllabus analysis for subject selection

Let us analyze applied mathematics

Paper A
The paper is composed of three main parts:
1. vectors
2. statics
3. dynamics

it would be very kind if you go through the past papers, however what I concluded was the following:
1. DYNAMICS section consists of three questions out of which two have to be attempted for forty marks… (keep counting the marks)
2. STATICS and VECTORS share a section; two questions of forty marks come from STATICS
3. STATICS and DYNAMICS questions come from Q.K. GHORI MECHANICS. I have checked the past papers and not a single question from statics and dynamics has come from anywhere but Q.K. Ghori’s.
4. Q.K. GHORI MECHANICS contains fourteen chapters, out of which ten chapters are part of the syllabus. Or in layman mathematics you prepare eighty marks of paper A by just preparing ten exercises.

Let us skip the vector part and jump to paper b

Paper B
this paper consists three sections:
1. Differential equations; forty marks
2. tensors; twenty marks
3. numerical analysis; forty marks

my strategy for paper b is the following
1. numerical analysis first as I found that easier, and I found a lot of useful videos on youtube for that ( 120 marks covered, if you did not forget to count)
2. differential equations later, which can be prepared from any book of your choice on differential equations

by now theoretically you have gone through 160 marks of applied math.

Now let us go through the leftovers. And that has only one answer: VECTOR AND TENSOR ANALYSIS BY NAWAZISH ALI SHAH

The vector part is easier and it is prepared even if you only prepare vector products and del operator functions.
And frankly I do not have any idea for tensors
To summarize:
1. DYNAMICS: SIX EXERCISES; SIX DAYS
2. STATICS: FOUR EXERCISES, FOUR DAYS
3. NUMERICAL ANALYSIS: ONE WEEK
4. DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS (FOR ME TWO WEEKS)
5. AND REST IS ALL BONUS FOR ME

AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO WASTE RESOURCES ON AN INSTRUCTOR. GET THE KEY OR NOTES FROM SOMEWHER AND ZINDABAD. MAY ALLAH HELP US ALL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waqas izhar For This Useful Post:
jawwad ahmad (Friday, July 05, 2013), Samix (Monday, July 07, 2014), stranger498 (Friday, August 30, 2013)