View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 03, 2013

muhati is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahanzaibkalyani View Post
for 10% (8-10 scholarships) scholarship program this criteria is ok as there are a few people apply for this scholarship but for 90% (about 300 scholarships) it is difficult for HEC to evaluate academic background so they do only shortlisting on the basis of GAT score while for final Award of scholarship each University has its criteria to evaluate academics.
There may be some problems by doing shortlisting on the basis of GAT but it is only shortlisting for final award other things are also considered.
Dear,
If a student have silver medal in BE and silver medal in ME and his GAT score is 60.At the same time an other student have have 60% in BE and 60% in ME and having GAT score 88.If short listing is performed on the basis of GAT.its for sure the person with GAT=88 will be short listed and a person with GAT=60 will not short listed.
Do you think its fair ?
I think shortlisting student on the basis of GAT is not fair with those students who have low GAT score.
I think the during the short listing process HEC must have to consider the educational background also.Otherwise this is totally unfair.
No I think criteria must be same for every type of scholarship because awarding authority is same.I think if there are even 2000 scholarship they have to follow the same criteria.
I am sorry if you mind.I am just sharing my views.