View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 04, 2013

Mukesh Rathi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhati View Post
Dear,
If a student have silver medal in BE and silver medal in ME and his GAT score is 60.At the same time an other student have have 60% in BE and 60% in ME and having GAT score 88.If short listing is performed on the basis of GAT.its for sure the person with GAT=88 will be short listed and a person with GAT=60 will not short listed.
Do you think its fair ?
I think shortlisting student on the basis of GAT is not fair with those students who have low GAT score.
I think the during the short listing process HEC must have to consider the educational background also.Otherwise this is totally unfair.
No I think criteria must be same for every type of scholarship because awarding authority is same.I think if there are even 2000 scholarship they have to follow the same criteria.
I am sorry if you mind.I am just sharing my views.

Yes! Shortlisting based on GAT score only is fair, because this is only exam that all candidates have gone through. If a candidate is silver medalist from his/her university but brings just 60 GAT score, what can be said? Candidates are not from same university so medals, percentages and CGPAs can be different.