View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 04, 2013

waqsoh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhati View Post
Yes you are rite.This is the only exam which is common for all.But my dear my point is that its fair to ignore 16/18 years education ?
I am not saying to ignore the GAT. After all you have your own opinion,
my opinion is that to ignore 16/18 year education is not fair, even universities working under HEC does not follow this criteria.They use GAT symbolically.They took their own test to give admission. Might be you know NUST,FAST and UET Taxila,I am not sure about UET Lahore.If this test is enough then why they took their own test and award admission ?
GAT is a standardized test that is same for everyone and it is a pretty good mean of comparing analytical, quantitative and verbal skills of students.

Regarding Subject expertise i think another standardized test based on subject such as GAT (SUBJECT) should also be used in addition to GAT general. But still the measuring test should be same for everyone. You can't just compare students on the base of their CGPA etc they vary greatly from university to university and do you think UETs , NUST, giki are same as private universities.

And Why are you assuming that a person who has very good academic record can not get good marks in GAT and on the other hand you assume that a person having no knowledge about subject will get top marks in GAT. I am telling you from my experience a mediocre person can get 60 or above marks but getting 88 is not a possibility for such a person.

But again uestp faculty develpment scholarships were for 36 fields or disciplines it is not even possible to have subject tests for each separate field. and besides GAT is held 4 times a year a person can be unlucky 1 ,2 ,3 times but he cant be unlucky all the times if you have potential then you will eventually get it . Most of the persons who get the scholarships are those who prepare for it for years.

Last edited by Arain007; Thursday, July 04, 2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: merged