View Single Post
Old Friday, July 05, 2013

muhati is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqsoh View Post
GAT is a standardized test that is same for everyone and it is a pretty good mean of comparing analytical, quantitative and verbal skills of students.

Regarding Subject expertise i think another standardized test based on subject such as GAT (SUBJECT) should also be used in addition to GAT general. But still the measuring test should be same for everyone. You can't just compare students on the base of their CGPA etc they vary greatly from university to university and do you think UETs , NUST, giki are same as private universities.

And Why are you assuming that a person who has very good academic record can not get good marks in GAT and on the other hand you assume that a person having no knowledge about subject will get top marks in GAT. I am telling you from my experience a mediocre person can get 60 or above marks but getting 88 is not a possibility for such a person.

But again uestp faculty develpment scholarships were for 36 fields or disciplines it is not even possible to have subject tests for each separate field. and besides GAT is held 4 times a year a person can be unlucky 1 ,2 ,3 times but he cant be unlucky all the times if you have potential then you will eventually get it . Most of the persons who get the scholarships are those who prepare for it for years.
Dear,
I am not saying GAT is bad....I am not against GAT.
I am not saying to take GAT subjective.
Why all of you think I am against GAT ?
I am against the selection procedure.I just saying to consider both to award scholarship.Nothing else.
OK do you know after short listing the candidates on GAT basis How HEC make merit ?Which student will go to USA and which will not ?
For your information they consider all your educational career.
According to you people if GAT is so comprehensive exam then why HEC consider your educational background ?
I will discuss this thing after sometime.In sha Allah you will say I was not wrong.So be there I will discuss it after 2nd week of july.
I don't want to get angry people from me.I am sorry to to all if any of my statement hurt you.