View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 11, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 1988Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: SPSC CCE 2013 - Merit 49 (ETO) BPS-17

Thanked 1,546 Times in 864 Posts
Ali Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to beholdAli Mallah is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanveersaeed View Post
MALLAH sahab can you tell me a good book for islamic history paper 1.where from i could find topics such as life of prophet,treaty of hudaybia and its importance,achievements and events of caliphate etc. what about mazhar ul haq book. but i reckon its too lengthy. please help me out with a concise book which i can cover in the given time since i have to go through other subjects as well.
Dear Mazhar ul Haq's Book is also best choice. I read from the Islamic History book by K.Ali, its short, comprehensive and really good book if you can find in market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss View Post
@ Ali Mallah Sahb,

I am a little bit confused about the way papers are conducted by SPSC. Therefore I am putting a few queries regarding it.

1. Answer sheets are blank or with lines?

2. Is there a Two-Papers a day scenario like it is in CSS?

3. Is there a MCQs portion in all subjects (except English & Sindhi essays), includding Optional subjects?

4. Finally, what about the Centers? Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Larkana, where in these cities the exams are conducted by SPSC? and which of these centers is better in terms of furniture, air conditioning, and noiseless atmosphere?
These are with lines.
Yes two papers a day in compulsory, optionals depend on time table.
No MCQs portion in optionals.
Well, every time they do not have same centers, they keep changing, for these details better to contact SPSC, they can guide you better in this regard. However they mostly chose government school/colleges buildings all around so you their condition better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmeen lakho View Post
Thanks for the reply Pureapak. What about my book selection with regards to PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION??

I have good command over International Relations, will it still be difficult to score?

I really don't understand the criteria of 'high' and 'low' scoring subjects? can u explain how this works? or its just a trend that we blindly follow?

Sociology is not my subject, I never studied it and i dont have any interest whatsoever in it, therefore i donot consider it prudent to opt for it. Sindhi I can speak, but cannot write, being of Sindhi descent, i admit its a shame, and i promise to work on it, but now is not the time.
I want to make it clear here that no such trend of High scores and low scores exists in PCS specially at SPSC. As it has not been regularly conducted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmeen lakho View Post
Ali Mallah Bhai, I checked market today , there is no book authored by Imtiaz Shahid on Islamic History but his organisation by the name of ADVANCED PUBLISHERS do have a book on Islamic History, did u mean this book or some other book that Imtiaz Shahid has written himself? kindly ckear Ada.
I have a book of Islamic History and Culture by Imtiaz Shahid. May be its no more in the market, you can also buy Islamic History book by K.Ali, or book of Mazhar ul Haq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunioxp367 View Post
I.R will be high scoring this time, internal scource of PCS
Hahaha internal source...
bliss (Thursday, July 11, 2013), yasmeen lakho (Friday, July 12, 2013)